– 9 lasagna noodles
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
– 1 (16 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
– 1 teaspoon garlic salt
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
– 4 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
– 3 eggs, beaten
– 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
– Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and olive oil; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
– Cook the ground beef and sausage in a large pot over medium heat; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, garlic salt, oregano, thyme, basil and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper; simmer 30 minutes.
– Meanwhile, mix together the ricotta cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
– Ladle enough of the meat sauce into a 9×13 inch baking dish to cover the bottom in a thin layer. Form a layer atop the sauce with 3 of the lasagna noodles. Spread about 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over the ricotta cheese mixture and then ladle about 1/3 of the meat sauce over the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering twice more, topping with the remaining 1/4 pound of mozzarella cheese.
– Bake in preheated oven 90 minutes. Allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before serving.